What should I look for in a health and safety system?
- Purchase a system which is made in New Zealand (this will be more likely to comply with our NZ Health & Safety – not overseas Health & Safety laws). We have seen some systems which were produced (for example) in China which did NOT comply with our laws.
- Compare ‘apples with apples’. Some Health & Safety systems are only an ‘empty shell’ of forms which are not tailored to your unique business hazards and do not come with tailored “Safe operating procedures” for safe handling by workers of machinery in your business.
- Ensure you are buying a Health & Safety System – and not a ‘report’ which has been produced to identify the weaknesses in your current H & S system. The cost of the report and the attendant list of improvements needed will end up costing more than purchasing a new system.
We have a health & safety system already – how can you help us?
We can assess if your system is adequately meeting the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015. We can also make suggestions to improve the efficiency of your system and recommend suitable time-saving software if this is appropriate.
What are the benefits from having a fully functioning Health & Safety system in my business?
- Reduced chance of any of your workers being injured and therefore having to take time off work.
- Reduced ACC levies (due to less/no claims being made)
- The ability to stand out as being a business that is ‘proactive’ in meeting your Health & Safety obligations. Peace of mind that you have in place a system which is designed to be compliant with the new Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – and reduce any likelihood of fines/penalties which are able to be enforced by Worksafe.
I don’t have any employees – do I really need a health & safety system?
Yes – you can still have an injury or death at your workplace and possibly be fined under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015. If you are working with contractors (instead of employees) you also have obligations to meet (i.e. checking your contractors have their own health & safety system in place).
We cannot afford a health & safety system…
The system we recommend can meet your budget – let us know if this is a concern for you.
How long will it take to get my Health & Safety system in place?
The pace depends on how quickly you complete your set tasks, and your availability for training. Most of our clients complete within 3 – 6 months.
Can my Health & Safety system be as quick and easy to use as possible?
Yes – the solution is appropriate software. One of the key benefits of cloud based, online H & S forms are the improved efficiency/saving of time by staff on each job spent filling in the required forms. All data is stored securely in the cloud, and related Health & Safety registers are automatically updated, and Health & Safety reports easily accessible by management.
Do you work with my sort of business?
Yes – we have helped many businesses involved in widely varying industries – for example child care centres, factories & mobile ‘job’ contractors working on multiple clients sites.